Note the following details of the code protection feature on PICmicro® MCUs.
• The PICmicro family meets the specifications contained in the Microchip Data Sheet.
• Microchip believes that its family of PICmicro microcontrollers is one of the most secure products of its kind on the market today,
when used in the intended manner and under normal conditions.
• There are dishonest and possibly illegal methods used to breach the code protection feature. All of these methods, to our knowledge, require using the PICmicro microcontroller in a manner outside the operating specifications contained in the data sheet.
The person doing so may be engaged in theft of intellectual property.
• Microchip is willing to work with the customer who is concerned about the integrity of their code.
• Neither Microchip nor any other semiconductor manufacturer can guarantee the security of their code. Code protection does not
mean that we are guaranteeing the product as “unbreakable”.
• Code protection is constantly evolving. We at Microchip are committed to continuously improving the code protection features of
If you have any further questions about this matter, please contact the local sales office nearest to you.