The MOC3081, MOC3082 and MOC3083 devices consist of gallium arsenide infrared emitting diodes optically coupled to monolithic silicon detectors performing the function of Zero Voltage Crossing bilateral triac drivers.
They are designed for use with a triac in the interface of logic systems to equipment powered from 240 Vac lines, such as solid–state relays, industrial controls, motors, solenoids and consumer appliances, etc.
• Simplifies Logic Control of 240 Vac Power
• Zero Voltage Crossing
• dv/dt of 1500 V/µs Typical, 600 V/µs Guaranteed
• To order devices that are tested and marked per VDE 0884 requirements, the suffix ”V” must be included at end of part number. VDE 0884 is a test option.
Recommended for 240 Vac(rms) Applications:
• Solenoid/Valve Controls • Temperature Controls
• Lighting Controls • E.M. Contactors
• Static Power Switches • AC Motor Starters
• AC Motor Drives • Solid State Relays